|More Sizes: 5-in., 7-in.|
- Calphalon Katana Series 9-in. Bread Knife
- Calphalon Katana Series 7-in. Nakiri Asian Cleaver
- Calphalon Katana Series 14-pc. Knife Block Set
- Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2-pc. Omelette Pan Set
Calphalon Katana Series 5" Santoku Knife
- Item No Longer Available
- Combining features of a chef’s knife and a cleaver, the Santoku is an all-purpose knife that’s ideal for cutting meat, fish and vegetables. The word santoku means “three good things” – a reference to the three cutting tasks it performs so well: slicing, dicing and mincing. The kullens along the edge help reduce friction, which prevents food from sticking.
3 ways to use knife: cut meat, slice fish, chop vegetables
- Katana Series' time-honored layering process not only imparts exceptional sharpness, but allows the blade to retain its edge longer for enduring high performance results.
- Damascus style blade clad with 33 stainless steel layers for distinctive style, exceptional rigidity and rust resistance.
- Ergonomic poly-resign handle is contoured for comfort and well balanced for control and precision.
- Integrated bolster design provides a secure, comfortable grip and offers increased control.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Traditional blade shapes enhanced for ease of use and precision.
- VG-1 Japanese steel for exceptional sharpness and ultimate edge retention.
- Will not chip, crack or peel.
- Winner of the 26 Housewares Design Award for innovative design in cutlery.
- Item #: KN0005V
- Handle: poly-resin
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
My hands-down favorite knife!
This is the most used knife in my block (if you don't count the butcher knife that my husband uses to open bags). I have had it for 2 years and it is still super sharp. The only problem that I have had with it is the fact that if I cut something juicy and let the knife set for any amount of time, it starts to pit and rust. But, if you can wash an dry it right away, it will serve you well.
- I recommend this product.