|More Sizes: 8-in.|
Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 8" Chef's Knife
- Item No Longer Available
- Ask any professional chef and you’ll find out, the Chef’s Knife is the most indispensable of all the knives in the block. Perfectly diced onions and peppers, slender zucchini matchsticks, roll cut carrots and thinly shredded cabbage are just a few strokes away with this powerful, versatile tool.
Notice how the blade edge of the Chef’s Knife is gently curved, from tip to heel. That’s to allow you to use a gentle, even rocking and gliding motion as you cut. The length and weight of the blade helps you work more efficiently. (The longer and heavier the blade, the less muscle you have to put behind it!) Use the whole blade to cut larger items like potatoes and Spanish onions into slices or strips. The bolster gives the knife weight at the heel so the back half of the blade can be used to make smaller cuts. The flat of the blade can be used to lightly “whack” the skins from garlic cloves, too.
- Contemporary Cutlery's full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Each knife type individually balanced for efficiency and comfort.
- Ergonomic grip handle uniquely contoured for one size fits all comfort
- Full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Fully tapered from cutting edge to spine and from tip to heel for superior strength and greater cutting versatility.
- Hand-ground to a perfect, equal edge and fine satin finish.
- High carbon, no-stain German steel from tip to tang. Sharpens more easily than ordinary stainless and maintains its edge longer. Resists rust, stains, discoloration.
- Lifetime warranty
- One piece forging of blade, bolster and tang for long-lasting durability. No parts to separate.
- Patented handle labels make knife identification easy.
- Item #: KNR4008C
- Handle: Fiberglass-reinforced polyresin
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.