- Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 8-in. Chef's Knife
- Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery Set of 8 Steak Knives
- Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 2-pc. Bread Knife Set
- Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 17-pc. Knife Block Set
- Calphalon Precision Series 16-pc. Cutlery Set
- Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 13-pc. Cookware Set
Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 4 Piece Forged Steak Knives
- Item No Longer Available
- Fine cutlery makes the experience of enjoying fine meats even more pleasurable. Designed to complement the Calphalon Contemporary cutlery collection, these sleek, comfortable steak knives are crafted from German steel for superb sharpness. One piece forging of blade, bolster and tang for long-lasting durability.
- Contemporary Cutlery's full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Ergonomic grip handle uniquely contoured for one size fits all comfort
- Full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Lifetime warranty.
- No stain steel from tip to tang. Resists rust, stains and discoloration.
- One piece forging of blade for long-lasting durability.
- Semi-serrated edge for both precision cutting and smooth slicing.
- Uniquely contoured for "one-size-fits-all" comfort.
- Item #: KNSR0204C
- Handle: Fiberglass-reinforced polyresin
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
Very, Very Nice!!
I recently bought a set of these knives, after buying and returning a completely unacceptable set of Cuisinart Advantage knives.
I am really impressed with these! For the price I paid, I'm convinced that I couldn't have made a better selection. While they're not as large as some of the "steakhouse style" knives out there, that suits me just fine. I use them with traditional Lenox dinner-size flatware and Royal Doulton tableware, and these coordinate much better than the big clunky cleavers.
The knives are 9.5 inches overall and nicely weighted and balanced. They're a one piece forged, full-tang design with a bolster and finger guard. The handles are attractive and comfortably curved, although they aren't riveted. I initially hesitated because of that, but after using these, I like their cleaner appearance without rivets. The synthetic handles have a pleasing texture that is neither slippery nor overly-grippy.
The 5-inch stainless blades seem very strong, and their edge seems as sharp as the Solingen steel cutlery that I use daily. I'm not a big fan of serrated steak knives, as they tend to tear meat rather than slice it. But these are serrated only at the tip, so tearing isn't quite the issue it is with other knives. How long they hold an edge remains to be seen, as does how easily they can be sharpened. The edges are tapered only on one side, but I presume there are sharpeners available that can properly handle them. Calphalon recommends yearly professional sharpening. They can, however be honed on a steel, so hopefully that will be sufficient.
They are not dishwasher safe. But, I've found few good knives that truly are, so that's a non-issue.
Best of all, Calphalon provides a lifetime warranty, and that's hard to beat! I'm very pleased with this purchase.
- I recommend this product.