- Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 13-pc. Cookware Set
- Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 13-pc. Cookware Set
Calphalon Silicone Utensils Tongs
- Item No Longer Available
- Calphalon Silicone Tongs feature a comfortable, grip-anywhere handle for easy maneuverability, and the long handles keeps hands a safe distance from hot foods. They are heat-resistant to 500ºF, making them exceptionally useful in the kitchen, whether you're turning a delicate pan-seared sole filet on the stovetop or removing roasted vegetables from the oven.
- Calphalon Silicone Utensils
- Dishwasher safe.
- Grip-anywhere handle.
- Heat resistant to 500ºF.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Stainless-steel handle.
- Item #: FS51
- Handle: Stainless steel
- Dishwasher Safe: Yes
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Dishwasher safe
- Utensils: Tongs
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
These tongs are well made and will definitely protect your expensive non-stick surfaces. However they do not open up as shown in the picture. Not sure if this is a manufacture design flaw, but this will definitely limit what you can use these tongs.
Overall I like these tongs, but the mechanism at the top to lock or unlock them is hard to work. This can be a bit of an annoyance especially when you grab them while in the middle of cooking something. Otherwise the quality is good and nice to have non-stick tongs.
While the handle is quite comfortable I do not like the design of the 4 rolled edeges which detracts from ease of clean-up. While these factors are not significant, if you use a dishwaher or a small brush when handwashing, I do not like the locking device of the spring mechanism. I do not find it efficient to 'need' to use two hand to open my tongs. When I grab for tongs with one hand, I want to use them, not have to use my other hand to unlock them first. I guess I am just used to my OXO tongs. I can grab my Oxo tongs with one hand, tap the locking end against anything to open them, an go! I think the OXO brand is superior to CALPHALON and just a bit longer, as well as less expensive.
Although I like the fact that the tongs are silicon tipped, and I can use them with any type of pan, the handle isn't so great.
When you release the latch to open the tongs, it creates a gap at the fulcrum, which badly pinches the palm of your have. It's a very bad design.
- I do not recommend this product.