- Calphalon Unison Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set
- Calphalon Unison Nonstick 4-pc. Skillet Set with Lids
- Calphalon Contemporary 2-pc. Glass Lid Set
Calphalon Katana Series 7" Nakiri Knife
- Item No Longer Available
- The Nakiri is a traditional Japanese vegetable cleaver. The straight edge is designed to slice, dice and julienne using a firm thrust forward, rather than a rocking motion. It is great for fruits and vegetables, and can also be used to thinly slice vegetables for sushi preparation.
3 ways to use knife: chop vegetables, cube meat, matchstick carrots
- Katana Series' time-honored layering process not only imparts exceptional sharpness, but allows the blade to retain its edge longer for enduring high performance results.
- Damascus style blade clad with 33 stainless steel layers for distinctive style, exceptional rigidity and rust resistance.
- Ergonomic poly-resign handle is contoured for comfort and well balanced for control and precision.
- Integrated bolster design provides a secure, comfortable grip and offers increased control.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Traditional blade shapes enhanced for ease of use and precision.
- VG-1 Japanese steel for exceptional sharpness and ultimate edge retention.
- Will not chip, crack or peel.
- Winner of the 26 Housewares Design Award for innovative design in cutlery.
- Item #: KN0027V
- Handle: poly-resin
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
Weighted nicely, handle comfortable, sharpens nicely, cuts like a knife, rings when tapped, very handy for veg slicing & chopping. I love my knife!
- I recommend this product.
Nice weight and feel , razor sharp and ready to go.
- I recommend this product.
Calphalon Katana Excellence
Bought this knife for my husband who loves to cook. He loves using this so much that he will volunteer to chop anything I need chopped just because it holds a sharpness and slices so well. Great knife quality. We already have three other Katana knives as well as the steak knives. Can not wait to add to our set of Katana knives we have.
This is a great knife, nice balance and weight. I hope you eventually offer a 9" or 10" version for those of us whom prep alot of melons. I have an old 'double handled' cheese knife that I use for melon prep. Basically just cut one of the handles off... it's about an 11" blade now. That's why I rated the 7" nakiri a 3; it seems small compared to my workhorse melon knife. But if you make a bigger version I'll definitely buy it too!