Calphalon Gadgets Precision Mandoline Slicer
This product is dishwasher safe.
- Our Price: $79.95
Item #338791 1799892 Model #1799892
Ships in 1-2 business days.
Gift wrap available for this item.
Phone Orders: (888) 626-9112
Free Shipping Offer* See Full Offer Details
*Offer applies only to Super Saver Shipping to a single address within the U.S. and APO/FPO. Not available on shipments to U.S. Territories or international orders. Cannot be combined with other special offers, including affiliate site offers, rebates or miles, or promotional gift certificates, except where a valid coupon code may be applied. Terms are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Set includes:
Precision Mandoline Slicer
3/8" Julienne Blade
1/8" Julienne Blade
Flexible Food Holder
- Now you can safely prepare perfectly sliced tomatoes, neatly julienned carrots or intricate waffle cut potatoes with the Calphalon Precision Mandoline Slicer. Multiple safety features, such as the handle-activated Blade Safety Guard, protect against accidental contact while still maintaining ease of use. The Flexible Food Holder with Removable Cap allows you to securely grip a variety of foods, including oversized or long items such as cucumbers or carrots. Four stainless steel blade inserts – Straight, Waffle, 3/8" Julienne and 1/8" Julienne – give you a variety of cuts, and the high-performance V-shaped design makes slicing effortless. Slice thickness can be easily adjusted with the Thickness Dial. Turning the Safety Dial to Store locks the Precision Mandoline Slicer so all blades are safely on board and out of reach for convenient storage.
- Calphalon Gadgets
- Flexible Food Holder securely grips food and protects hands from blade; removable cap accommodates long food
- Handle-activated Blade Safety Guard with 4 safety settings
- Hidden blade storage
- Leg folds for compact storage
- Lifetime Warranty
- V-shaped blades for effortless slicing performance
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
DO NOT BUY THIS
I have purchased a lot of Calphalon products over the years, I love Calphalon. But this is not one of those products. I have noticed that about 1 person in 5 has a good experience with this. I found it to be the worst designed product ever. I watched several You Tube demos on this mandoline and others. I replicated all of their techniques. I tried all sorts of veggies. They all got caught and ripped on the V-shaped blade. I did not have one slice of anything that came out nice. Slicing cucumbers was the worst. In addition, slices from the harder veggies, like carrots and parsnips tend to get wedged under the bottom plate. Easily the worst kitchen utensil that I have ever purchased. I cannot believe that Calphalon would put their name on it.
- I do not recommend this product.
After getting a set of pots & pans that I liked a lot, I thought the Calphalon mandolin would be really good, too. Since my old cheap mandolin was dull & breaking, I sprang for the Calphalon. My mistake...too many moving parts..the holder is so hard to use, I cut the rubber the first time I used it. Hard to hold onto anything smaller than 3" in diameter. Sorry Calphalon..I want my cheap old mandolin back!
- I do not recommend this product.
I've had this product for about a week and it's a keeper. Slices are smooth and easy, not a lot of effort. The multiple blades are really nice. Be careful, though! Those blades are sharp, sharp, and, oh yea, SHARP! The storage function that covers the blades is nice. Highly recommend this.
I got this mandoline because it had a lot of safeguards to prevent cutting yourself. It does everything it claims. I just wish it would waffle-cut a bit better - or maybe I need more practice.