Calphalon Removable Plate Grill
- Item No Longer Available
- The Calphalon Removable Plate Grill allows you to enjoy the flavors of outdoor grilling anytime of year. Sear steaks, chicken and pork chops, or make delectable panini sandwiches on the large, high performance bronze nonstick grill surface. Calphalon’s exclusive Opti-Heat System provides accurate temperature control and even heat delivery, and the adjustable top grill plate allows you to fit thick burgers or suspend it over delicate foods. The removable grill plates are dishwasher safe, so clean-up is a snap.
- STYLE. PERFORMANCE. SIMPLICITY. Simply your life and beautify your kitchen with our Kitchen Electrics collection. Each features our exclusive OPTI-HEAT system, to deliver even, consistent heat and exceptional cooking results. And our high performance nonstick formula makes a stand-out statement in stunning bronze, while offering flawless food release and effortless clean-up.
- Adjustable, floating grill height to fit your favorite foods.
- Extra large cooking surface accommodates 6 pork chops or burgers, or 4 panini.
- High performance, bronze nonstick removable grill plates are dishwasher safe.
- Locks to store flat or upright.
- Removable drip tray.
- Separate timer and temperature controls.
- The Calphalon Kitchen Electrics collection features our exclusive Opti-Heat System. Designed to provide accurate temperature control and even heat delivery, Opti-Heat ensures that foods cook evenly and thoroughly, for reliable results you can count on – every time.
- Item #: HE600CG
- Cover: Brushed stainless steel. Polished stainless steel accents.
- Handle: Cast stainless steel. Molded plastic stays comfortably cool. Double riveted for durable performance.
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Allow to cool before cleaning with a damp cloth. For further instructions view our Use and Care Information
- Utensils: Nylon, Coated or Wooden
Limited One Year Product and Limited Five Year Nonstick Warranty
Calphalon will repair or replace any kitchen electric found defective in material or workmanship within one year of the original purchase. In addition, Calphalon will repair or replace any kitchen electric if the nonstick surfaces are found defective in material or workmanship within five years of original purchase. This warranty applies when the kitchen electric appliance is put to normal household use and is operated and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variation in the kitchen electric nonstick coating are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, use of metal utensils, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment. Please refer to the use and care section for full information about the warranty on your kitchen electric appliance.
Cast Iron/BBQ convert
As a single parent getting out meals on time, and filling the short order requests between meals are a must!
As a cook trained by a professional chef (my favorite aunt) to her standards. What comes out of my kitchen has got to be good.. or better!
I was doing my quarterly walk through BB&B when I spotted a display unit hidden in the bottom of a discount shelf.
The first thing that caught my eye was the height adjustment on the handle. That got me to look closer.
As I pulled it out and sat it on a nearby counter I saw that there were NO ELECTRONICS... As an electronic tech with forty years experience I tend to avoid complicated electronics on anything that will be sitting on the shelf between uses.
This grill uses a simple mechanical timer, and thermostat. The plates are Calphalon's amazing high tech nonstick surface.
With a stainless steel top, handle and HUGE strong hinges it's rugged enough to take rough handling by my two teenage apprentice chefs as well.
The heating elements bring both plates up to cooking temperatures in what seems like seconds, giving a good sear to meat and sealing in the juices for terrific moistness and flavor.
A pound of hamburger split into 4 oz patties cooks in less than 20 minutes (and you can warm the buns on the top of the unit)
Grilled cheese sandwiches require a little thought to preset the height adjustment so you don't press the bread flat, but the sliding stopper is quick and easy to adjust from locked to a two inch height..
Irregular shapes are compensated for by the top grill being hinged on a swivel right at the midpoint of the plate.
This grill is taking the place of going outside in the snow to BBQ, dragging out the electric griddle to send cooking splatters all over my counters, and my Lodge Chicken Fryer is probably in the bottom of the pot and pan cupboard... I haven't seen it for a while.
Everything I wanted, nothing that wasn't needed and the results are amazing.
- I recommend this product.
98% High Quality Design
We knew what we were looking for in an electric grill (removable plates, metal construction, solid design and construction). We went to the store and this grill was easily the best carried by BB&B. We read reviews on Amazon and they were mixed, so we were cautious, but bought anyway. The grill is excellent in every respect except a small plastic slider that locks the grill for storage. It seems like an afterthought designed by an amateur after the main design work had already been done. It will surely break at some point. A bent paper clip could do a better job.
However, since the main features of the grill seem to meet all of my expectations, I do not hessitate to recommend it to others. Contrary to some postings, we found that steaks (boneless) up to an inch thick cook within about 3-4 minutes. Some reviews posted on Amazon suggested the grill did not have the ability to cook a steak. I suggest those folks either had a different grill or did something significantly wrong, like not having the grill plates in contact with the meat.
- I recommend this product.
Clean Up Breeze
The best part after the wonderful meal I prepared was the clean up. The plates pop out easily and wipe off with a paper towel. You could always use soap and water because they are free from the grill. The drain also cleans up easily with a little soap and water. Clean up took less than two minutes. Waiting until the plates were cool was not a problem.
My first experience was four pork chops with a rub and they were done in no time and were juicy in the middle with the grill marks on both sides. Cleanup was easy of course with the removeable plates.