- Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 12-pc. Cookware Set
- Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2-pc. Fry Pan Set
- Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-pc. Cookware Set
- Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 2.5-qt. Sauce Pan with Double Boiler
- Calphalon Unison Nonstick 7.5-qt. Dutch Oven with Lid
Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5-qt. Shallow Sauce Pan
- Item No Longer Available
- Essential for everything from simmering sauces to cooking vegetables, the Shallow Sauce Pan has lower sides for easier access. Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick cookware combines contemporary design with multi-layer nonstick for ultra-durability. The heavy-gauge aluminum provides even heating and the hard-anodization process gives it added strength. The glass cover with its elegant steel rim fits securely and allows you to monitor foods while they cook. The long handle stays cool on the stovetop.
- Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick combines durability and performance with fast clean-up and easy low-fat cooking.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum for even heating.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Multi-layer nonstick for lasting release.
- Stay-cool handles.
- Item #: JR87822PS
- Surface: Nonstick
- Cover: Tempered Glass
- Handle: Brushed, stay-cool stainless steel
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Oven Safe 450° F
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
- Utensils: Nylon, Coated or Wooden
- Recommended Stove Tops: Gas, Electric Coil, Electric Flattop, Halogen, Glass Ceramic
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
I was quite disappointed
I own quite a few Calphalon pots and pans and love them immensely. However, this exactly product left me very puzzled. I tried to make some sauces in the pot and and was really surprised with the aftertaste my cooking had -- after first time I cooked, then after the second, then again after the third. To try it the last time and make sure I cooked the rice I cook practically every day and know the taste completely. The rice had the aftertaste and the unpleasant smell after being cooked in this pot. The shape and size of the pot are great though. I would love to find the substitution. The only reason I gave 2 stars is because I decided to stop trying now and send it back. Maybe I am reacting too soon and should try and use the pot up to 10 times - I do not know. Nobody mentions this issue as a potential challenge anywhere so I have no idea how long I am supposed to put up with the bad results before I get my *perfect pot*. :)
- I do not recommend this product.
I bough this pot to replace a similar 4 qt steamer - also Calphalon - that is worn out. Shame on me for not paying attention to the dimensions because this pot is not what I expected. Much more bulky that the other pot and a much bigger steamer insert than I wanted. Knowing ths now I would not have made the purchase. Oh well. Item 2 - they have significantly thinned up the wall thickness. I don't know if this will have an effect on durability, but I suspect it might.
Bought this as part of a birthday gift for my avid cook wife. At first she wasn't so sure but after several uses it has become one of her favorite pots. I normally do the dishes as she cooks and I am having to wash this pot 4-5x a week and it remains a breeze to clean and is holding up great. Would buy another.