|More Sizes: 7-in.|
- Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 17-pc. Knife Block Set
- Calphalon Simply Cutlery 7-in. Santoku Knife
- Calphalon Katana Series 7-in. Santoku Knife
- Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 13-pc. Cookware Set
Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 5-in. Santoku Knife
- Our Price: $24.95
Item #612005 KNR0005C Model #KNR0005C
Ships in 1-2 business days.
Gift wrap available for this item.
Phone Orders: (888) 626-9112
Bonus Cheese Set See Full Offer Details
Free Shipping Offer* See Full Offer Details
*Offer applies only to Super Saver Shipping to a single address within the U.S. and APO/FPO. Not available on shipments to U.S. Territories or international orders. Cannot be combined with other special offers, including affiliate site offers, rebates or miles, or promotional gift certificates, except where a valid coupon code may be applied. Terms are subject to change.
- Combining features of a chef's knife and a cleaver, the Santoku is an all purpose Asian-style knife that's ideal for cutting meat, fish and vegetables. The word santoku means "three good things" - a reference to the three cutting tasks it performs so well: slicing, dicing and mincing. The Santoku is designed with kullens, or indentations along its edges, which reduce friction and prevent food from sticking to the blade. The knife also serves as a spatula as you cut, removing cut foods quickly and easily from the cutting surface.
- Contemporary Cutlery's full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Each knife type individually balanced for efficiency and comfort.
- Ergonomic grip handle uniquely contoured for one size fits all comfort
- Full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Fully tapered from cutting edge to spine and from tip to heel for superior strength and greater cutting versatility.
- Hand-ground to a perfect, equal edge and fine satin finish.
- High carbon, no-stain German steel from tip to tang. Sharpens more easily than ordinary stainless and maintains its edge longer. Resists rust, stains, discoloration.
- Lifetime warranty
- One piece forging of blade, bolster and tang for long-lasting durability. No parts to separate.
- Patented handle labels make knife identification easy.
- Item #: KNR0005C
- Handle: Fiberglass-reinforced polyresin
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
What Did I Do Without It?
I've had an okay set of knives for the past forty years, and have been happy with them. I guess ignorance is bliss. I ordered this knife because it was offered at a good price, and I'd never used a Santoku before. Wow! Now it's my favorite knife. Well-balanced, extremely sharp, and the design makes it very user friendly. In fact, this purchase has inspired me to order a whole set of Contemporary knives. For those of us on a budget, these are extremely good quality. I will purchase more as time goes on, as gifts.
- I recommend this product.
Katana vs Contemporary
Calphalon has gone to the price point end of the spectrum with their Contemporary line. I was looking for a Katana Series Santoku which is apparently being phased out. Katana is much higher quality steel, thickness and overall quality however at a much higher price point. The Contemp is OK- a good value. we'll see how long it holds an edge...
Not Stainless - The blade will rust!
We got this knife as an incentive for registering for calphalon products for our wedding. I am fanatical about not leaving knife blades in water, but after using this knife only once, rust developed on the blade. Each time we use this knife, it gets a little more rust. I love calphalon products because they are so high quality, this one however is not!
- I do not recommend this product.
This was purchased for my wife. She wanted it after using the same knife at our daughter;s house.