|More Sizes: 7-in.|
- Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 3-pc. Starter Set
- Calphalon Precision Series 4-pc. Cutlery Starter Set
- Calphalon Precision Series 18-pc. Cutlery Set
Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery 5-in. Santoku Knife
- Our Price: $24.95
Hurry, Only 3 In Stock!
Item #612005 KNR0005C Model #KNR0005C
Ships in 1-2 business days.
Gift wrap available for this item.
Phone Orders: (888) 626-9112
Bonus Cheese Set See Full Offer Details
Free Shipping Offer* See Full Offer Details
*Offer applies to Super Saver Shipping to a single address within the contiguous U.S. and APO/FPO. Not available on shipments to U.S. Territories, AK/HI or orders shipping internationally. Standard, Express and NextDay Shipping charges are not waived. Cannot be combined with other special offers, including affiliate site offers, rebates or miles, or promotional gift certificates, except where a valid coupon code may be applied. Only one coupon code may be applied to an order at any time, including promotional free shipping coupons. Terms are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Combining features of a chef's knife and a cleaver, the Santoku is an all purpose Asian-style knife that's ideal for cutting meat, fish and vegetables. The word santoku means "three good things" - a reference to the three cutting tasks it performs so well: slicing, dicing and mincing. The Santoku is designed with kullens, or indentations along its edges, which reduce friction and prevent food from sticking to the blade. The knife also serves as a spatula as you cut, removing cut foods quickly and easily from the cutting surface.
- Contemporary Cutlery's full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Each knife type individually balanced for efficiency and comfort.
- Ergonomic grip handle uniquely contoured for one size fits all comfort
- Full tang design provides better balance and superior strength.
- Fully tapered from cutting edge to spine and from tip to heel for superior strength and greater cutting versatility.
- Hand-ground to a perfect, equal edge and fine satin finish.
- High carbon, no-stain German steel from tip to tang. Sharpens more easily than ordinary stainless and maintains its edge longer. Resists rust, stains, discoloration.
- Lifetime warranty
- One piece forging of blade, bolster and tang for long-lasting durability. No parts to separate.
- Patented handle labels make knife identification easy.
- Item #: KNR0005C
- Handle: Fiberglass-reinforced polyresin
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Broiler Safe: No
- Freezer Safe: No
- Cleaning: Handwash
Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. Minor imperfections, surface markings as a result of shipping, and slight color variations are normal. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, alteration, fire, theft, or use in a commercial establishment.
What Did I Do Without It?
I've had an okay set of knives for the past forty years, and have been happy with them. I guess ignorance is bliss. I ordered this knife because it was offered at a good price, and I'd never used a Santoku before. Wow! Now it's my favorite knife. Well-balanced, extremely sharp, and the design makes it very user friendly. In fact, this purchase has inspired me to order a whole set of Contemporary knives. For those of us on a budget, these are extremely good quality. I will purchase more as time goes on, as gifts.
- I recommend this product.
Katana vs Contemporary
Calphalon has gone to the price point end of the spectrum with their Contemporary line. I was looking for a Katana Series Santoku which is apparently being phased out. Katana is much higher quality steel, thickness and overall quality however at a much higher price point. The Contemp is OK- a good value. we'll see how long it holds an edge...
Not Stainless - The blade will rust!
We got this knife as an incentive for registering for calphalon products for our wedding. I am fanatical about not leaving knife blades in water, but after using this knife only once, rust developed on the blade. Each time we use this knife, it gets a little more rust. I love calphalon products because they are so high quality, this one however is not!
- I do not recommend this product.
This was purchased for my wife. She wanted it after using the same knife at our daughter;s house.